A Diamond Jubilee
Venue Details: Bournemouth Pavilion
- Purcell : Trumpet Voluntary
- Handel : Music for the Royal Fireworks
- Mozart : Piano Concerto K357 "Coronation"
- Walton : Crown Imperial March
- Grainger : Handel in the Strand
- Wood : Fantasia on British Sea Songs
- Elgar : Pomp & Circumstance March No.4
- Elgar : Pomp & Circumstance March No.1
- Conductor : Rui Pinheiro
- Soloist: Piers Lane (Piano)
An evening of pomp and majesty lies ahead as the BSO celebrates the Diamond Jubilee of HM Queen Elizabeth II. The best of British music by Henry Purcell, Edward Elgar, Henry Wood and William Walton, used for many coronations and state ceremonies past, is amongst the stirring selection of music for this noble occasion, and Handel’s Firework Music as well as Mozart’s Coronation Concerto provide the evening with an additional royal sparkle.